As promised in Episode 1 Homemade French Mayonnaise for beginner chefs on my YouTube Channel, here is the recipe for very easy, very healthy, very French homemade mayonnaise. Perfect for the beginner cook or advanced culinary genius.
Creamy, tangy and fatty (the GOOD kind). This mayonnaise is so stinking’ delicious. You will never go back to store bought mayonnaise!
- 6 room-temperature eggs
- 2 cups excellent quality organic extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 generous teaspoon French dijon mustard
- 2 tiny pinches of good quality salt
- 1 lemon
- You will also need: a large glass bowl, a juicing device, a whisk, a knife, at least a 2-cup glass measuring cup, a spatula and a container to hold the mayonnaise.
- bring 6 eggs (to room temperature). If this is your first time, have 12 eggs
- wash glass bowl in hot water and make sure you thoroughly rinse the bowl
- dry the bowl thoroughly
- separate 6 egg yolks from the eggs
- put egg yolks in the bowl
- whisk egg yolks together
- drizzle oil in VERY slowly while whisking VERY fast
- continue to drizzle slowly and whisk fast until oil is gone
- add in a pinch or two or good quality salt...whisk again
- add a generous teaspoon of French dijon mustard...whisk again
- add in the juice of half the lemon...whisk again
- add in the other half of lemon...whisk again
- put into your mayonnaise container and put into the fridge. Ready to eat in about 30 minutes. Keep in fridge. Should last for 10 days.
Have more eggs and oil on hand in case you make a mistake
Use very high quality oil for this recipe - whether it is avocado oil or evoo, make sure that it is organic and high-grade.
Thanks and A Bientot!
P.P.S. I want to hear from YOU. Shoot me a note email@example.com or leave a comment and let me know how it went!
About the Author
Chef Missy received her degree in holistic and integrative nutrition at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City. She is Board Certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners and has obtained additional training and credentials in Immunology and Endocrinology from the Institute for the Brain Potential under the American Medical Association. She also holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design from Converse College and a conservatorial degree in acting from The American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York City. Chef Missy is the Founder-President of Conscious Nutrition and Living LLC and the creator of multiple brands including Radiant & Restored a Body-Beauty Course designed to restore a woman’s emotional, spiritual and physical body and The Holistic Francophile for beginner chefs, an interactive television show for people who love all things French. Chef Missy is married to Thomas Fraley, a hospitality veteran with 26 years experience in service management. Chef Missy cooks professionally in Charleston, SC where she and Thomas reside with their rescue dog, Abbey Road.